Jeremy France Jewellers is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified; you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Jeremy France Jewellers may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 04/11/2020.
What we collect:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers including but not limited to; birthday and anniversary dates
- your purchases, repairs and services with us and data relevant to payment
- CCTV footage in-store
- Card payment information for online payment for the duration for which is it required to process payment
What we do with the information we gather:
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To process orders, enquires, repairs and services with ourselves
- Monitor spend for purposes of loyalty schemes and promotions
- Keep records for invoices and warranties
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers, events or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- We monitor the store for safety and security via CCTV
From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online and in store. We use passwords and secure door systems to ensure your data in store is protected and all hand written details are shredded weekly.
We have ensured that our online payment portals are fully protected to ensure your payment details are not compromised.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites:
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information:
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us (details below)
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulations (2018). If you would like to have access to, correct inaccurate data or remove data held on you please write to us directly.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
You can contact Jeremy France Jewellers at:
- Post to Jeremy France Jewellers, Admin dept, 32 The Pentice, High Street, Winchester, Hampshire, SO23 9BL
- Call on 01962 869110
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission, it is in the interest of safety or we are required by law to do so.